The Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy is outlined below. The Managing Director, who accepts full responsibility for these issues and requires all employees to help in complying with our legal and moral duties, endorses it. The Policy explains the care and responsibility that each of us must practice and the guidance we must follow to ensure that neither our actions nor omissions, at work, adversely affect the health, safety or well-being of our colleagues, ourselves, others who may be affected or the environment in general.
It is the Policy of Cables Britain Ltd to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the prevention of ill health and injury at work, of all its employees, contractors and the public who may be affected by its activities.
To facilitate this, safety and environmental management systems, based upon the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 9001:2015 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007, will be documented, implemented and maintained.
In meeting this commitment, we will, so far as is reasonably practicable: –
- Ensure the integrated management system which includes the framework for setting/reviewing OH&S and environmental objectives and targets
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the business subscribes which relate to its OH&S hazards and environmental aspects.
- We commit to protection to the environment and prevention of pollution
- Provide information, training, instruction and supervision for all employees to achieve the appropriate level of competence for the safe completion of their duties
- Work continuously to identify potential risks to health, safety and the environment and eliminate hazard, prioritise the need for changes and take practical actions to reduce risks
- Consult relevant personnel while continuously improving health, safety and environmental management systems
- Ensure that personnel and organisations working for Cables Britain Ltd, in particular Contractors, also operate effective Risk Management and due diligence systems to ensure that, so far as is reasonably practicable, they too comply with this policy
- We commit to provide safe and healthy working conditions for prevention of work related injury and / or ill health