LIST Sensor Cable – Monitoring Temperatures & Detecting Fires
The hermetically sealed sensor cable contains small hybrid circuits which, depending on the application, are placed at selectable intervals. The hybrids, which contain an integrated circuit with a defined address and a semiconductor temperature sensor, are electrically connected by a flat flexible cable.
The flat flexible cable and temperature measuring points, are surrounded by a filling material, which in turn is covered by an aluminium shield protecting against EMI. A flame retarding, halogen free cable sheath completes the sealed structure of the sensor cable.
The cable can measure temperatures in a -40°C to +85°C (for short periods +200°C) range, with a resolution of 0,1°. On account of its maintenance- and adjustment-free operation, the sensor cable can be used in areas which are not or only partly accessible during normal operation.
Due to the constant interrogation of the temperature sensors by the control unit, a functional check is always given. Self locking clamps are usually used to mount the cable. The relative stiffness of the cable allows a spacing of one meter between clamps. Damage cable sections can easily be repaired by cutting out the damaged section and connecting a new piece in it’s place with the aid of sleeve joints.
- Complete encapsulation to protect sensors from environmental influences
- Flexible sensor spacing to comply to project demand
- Pinpoint sensor location via individual addresses
- Maintenance free cable
- Aramid fibres serve as strain relief and as reinforcement in case of fire
- Easy mounting by use of diverse fasteners
- Branching of cable routes via connection boxes
- Constant sensor monitoring via control and evaluation unit LISTcontroller
- Quick cable repair in case of mechanical damage
- To be used with control and evaluation unit LISTcontroller
- Operating temperature: -40 °C … +85 °C, up to +200 °C short term
- Measurement range: -40 °C … +200 °C
- Cable diameter: Typ. 18 mm
- Flat conductor resistance: Typ. 85 Ω / km (single conductor)
- Sheath material: HM4 mixture, halogen-free and flame retardant, according to EN 50267-2-1:1999-04, EN50267-2-2:1999-04, EN 60332-1-2:2005-06, EN 60332-2-2:2005-06, EN 61034-2:2006-03, IEC 60754-1, IEC 60754-2
- Weight: Typ. 0,45 kg / m
- Sheath colour: Grey
- Marking: Consecutive number printed at each sensor location, followed by cable identifier
- Deliverable cable length: Up to 2.000 m (extended cable routes are realisable by connection boxes)
- Mounting temperature: ≥ +10 °C
- Bending radius: ≥ 30 cm
- Verified and approved to: FprEN 54-22:2012 by VdS Schadenverhutung VdS no.: G 213072 Meets requirements of environmental classification III
- Measurement resolution: 0,1 °C
- Repeatability: 0,1 K
- Sensor address range: 0 … 999
- Supply voltage: 15 V DC via LISTcontroller
- Sensor cable SEC 20/01 (1 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor cable SEC 20/02 (2 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor cable SEC 20/03 (3 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor cable SEC 20/04 (4 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor cable SEC 20/05 (5 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor cable SEC 20/06 (6 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor cable SEC 20/08 (8 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor cable SEC 20/010 (10 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor cable SEC 20/0x (Customer specified sensor spacing, limited to not less than 0,5 m)
Scope of Delivery
- Ordered sensor cable length will be shipped on a one way drum
- Four-core flexible flat cable with hybrid circuits
- Filler material with strain relief
- Aluminium foil shield
- Sheath with imprints at each sensor location
Imprint 1: The sensor marking is used in cable lists, delivery notes etc.
Imprint 2: Static marking only.