δ-LIST Sensor Cable – Monitoring Temperatures & Detecting Fires
The hermetically sealed sensor cable contains temperature sensors which, depending on the application, are placed at selectable intervals. The sensors are electrically connected by a flat flexible cable.
The flat flexible cable and temperature sensors are surrounded by a filling material, which in turn is covered by an aluminium shield protecting against EMI. A flame retarding, halogen free cable sheath completes the sealed structure of the sensor cable.
The cable can measure temperatures from -40°C to +85°C (for short periods +120°C) with a resolution of 0,1°.
On account of it’s maintenance- and adjustment-free operation, the sensor cable can be used in areas which are not or only partly accessible during normal operation.
Due to the constant interrogation of the temperature sensors by the control unit SCU 800, a functional check of all temperature sensors is always given.
As a rule, self-locking clamps are used to mount the cable. The relative stiffness of the cable allows a spacing of 0.75 metres between clamps.
Damaged cable sections can easily be repaired by cutting out the damaged section and connecting a new piece in it’s place with the aid of sleeve joints.
- Complete encapsulation to protect sensors from environmental influences
- Sensor spacing selectable to comply to project demand
- Pinpoint sensor location via individual addresses
- Maintenance free cable
- Aramid fibres serve as strain relief and as reinforcement in case of fire
- Easy mounting by use of diverse fasteners
- Branching of cable routes via connection boxes
- May be combined with d-LIST external sensors ESD-A5
- Quick cable repair in case of mechanical damage
- Up to 2 x 250 m combined cable length, respectively up to 2 x 99 sensors per sensor control unit SCU 800 or
- Up to 2 x 320 m combined cable length, respectively up to 2 x 100 sensors per sensor control unit d-LISTcontroller
- Operating temperature: -40 °C … +85 °C, up to +120 °C short term
- Cable diameter: Typical 15 mm
- Flat conductor resistance: Typical 71 Ω / km (single conductor)
- Cable material SEC 15: According to: EN 60332-1-2:2004-06+A1:2015+A11:2016, EN 60332-2-2:2005-06, EN 60332-3-10:2009,
EN 60332-3-24 cat C:2009, EN 61034-1:2005+A1:2014, EN 61034-2:2005+A1:2013
- Sheath material: HM4 mixture, halogen-free and flame retardant, according to: EN 50305:2002, EN 60684-2:2011, EN 60754-1:2014, EN 60754-2:2014, EN 45545-2
- Insulation value: 6 GΩ x km
- Weight: Typical 0,35 kg / m
- Sheath colour: Standard grey (other colours on request, minimum order quantity 2.400 m)
- Marking: Consecutive number printed at each sensor location, followed by cable identifier
- Deliverable cable length: Up to 2.400 m, prefabricated cable sections on request
- Mounting temperature: between +10 °C … +40 °C (own temperature of the sensor cable)
- Bending radius: ≥ 25 cm
- Storage Conditions: 0 °C … +60 °C, 30% … 70% relative humidity, non condensing, prevention against shock, vibration, dust, electrostatic discharge ESD, UV light
- Verified and approved to: EN 54-22, approved by VdS Schadenverhütung GmbH, VdS no. G 221004, Environmental class III, Response classes A1N, A2N, BN and CN (A1I, A2I, BI and CI for VdS certification)
- Measurement range: -40 °C … +120 °C
- Measurement resolution: 0,0625 °C, output via protocol interface 0,1 °C
- Repeatability: ± 0,0625 K, output via protocol interface ± 0,1 K
- Supply voltage: 5 V DC via sensor control unit SCU 800 or d-LISTcontroller
- Sensor Cable SEC 15/01 (1 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor Cable SEC 15/02 (2 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor Cable SEC 15/03 (3 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor Cable SEC 15/04 (4 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor Cable SEC 15/05 (5 m sensor spacing)
- Sensor Cable SEC 15/xx (Customer specified sensor spacing, limited to not less than 0,25 m)
Scope of delivery
- Ordered sensor cable length may be shipped as a cable ring in a carton, or alternatively on a one way drum
- Two core flexible flat cable with temperature sensors
- Filler material with strain relief
- Aluminium foil shield
- Sheath with imprints at each sensor location
- Imprint 1: The sensor marking is used in cable lists, delivery notes etc.
- Imprint 2: Static marking only